A friend sent me this article about one woman’s challenge to spend a year reading non-white authors. It is worthy of your time and consideration.
Category Archives: Things I love
This is a wonderful 3 part piece about losing memory. It beautifully weaves a fictionalized story with facts about dementia and Alzheimers. Fabulous. So happy to share it with you.
I am reposting this article from Positive Writer which is worthy of your time and consideration. It lays out the importance of being healthy in Mind, Body, and Spirit to achieve the success you want with your writing (and your life for that matter), and is appropriately titled, THE THREE ESSENTIALS THAT DETERMINE YOUR WRITING SUCCESS.
This is the journey I’ve been on for the past 7 years and I can attest to how it has strengthened my connection to The Muse.
Enjoy and Happy writing!
As Jon Stewart says, “here is your moment of Zen.” A friend turned me onto this fabulously creative artist who works with dirt. Yes, you read it right, dirt.
Check out Paul “Mose” Curtis at UPWORTHY.
I love this blog post.
Have you ever walked into a room and felt negativity in the air? Feeling another person’s energy is actually very common. If you give off positive energy, other people will feel better around you. In contrast, if you give off negative energy others are likely to feel tense and likely want to leave. Positive beliefs, thoughts and feelings turn into positive energy that you put into the universe. YOU control your energy. Whether it be positive or negative, your energy affects everyone you come in contact with.
View original post 209 more words
The folks over at The WritE Practice posted this list of questions that Marcel Proust
was asked once by a friend. What better way to get to know your characters as you prepare to write about their world?
Wouldn’t be such a bad idea to ask some of your friends these questions too. Look how much more you’d know about them by question 35!
I’m thinking I could discover a lot about myself if I dare to take the quiz. Hmmmm….
- What is your idea of perfect happiness?
- What is your greatest fear?
- What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
- What is the trait you most deplore in others?
- Which living person do you most admire?
- What is your greatest extravagance?
- What is your current state of mind?
- What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
- On what occasion do you lie?
- What do you most dislike about your appearance?
- Which living person do you most despise?
- What is the quality you most like in a man?
- What is the quality you most like in a woman?
- Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
- What or who is the greatest love of your life?
- When and where were you happiest?
- Which talent would you most like to have?
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
- What do you consider your greatest achievement?
- If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be?
- Where would you most like to live?
- What is your most treasured possession?
- What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
- What is your favorite occupation?
- What is your most marked characteristic?
- What do you most value in your friends?
- Who are your favorite writers?
- Who is your hero of fiction?
- Which historical figure do you most identify with?
- Who are your heroes in real life?
- What are your favorite names?
- What is it that you most dislike?
- What is your greatest regret?
- How would you like to die?
- What is your motto?